[CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?

Edward sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 08:42:48 PST 2010

I agree with the sentiment that exceptions for a particular zone to level
the playing field is not in the best interest of contesting.  However, I
believe there is a rule change that could be in the interest of Asian zones
and that would not affect any of the rest of the world:

-          Count JA to rest of Asia Qs as 3 points.  Why?  Asia is just too
big to be considered the same as Europe or North America with the 2 point in
continent Qs.  This one thing would help the rest of Asia stay in the chair
and not affect the rest of us, at least I don't believe anyway but the
Oceania crowd would need to chime in.

Also, I believe that the contesting clubs should consider sponsoring more
zone plaques to help motivate the zones that are harder to get large
sustained rates from.  This would help us all.

I have contested more than once from zone 28 and zone 24.  I know full well
the "why is everyone's antennas pointing away from me feeling" that happens
from there.  As DX, it is heavenly.  As a contest mult, its not quite the
same.its fun when its fun and its sloooooow when its slow.  I believe the 2
proposals above would help.

Ed  N1UR