[CQ-Contest] SP Rules

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sat Dec 18 03:56:21 PST 2010

On 18/12/2010 01:32, Hal Kennedy wrote:

> I'm with Dave K1TTT and Pete N4ZR.  The rules continued to be confused
> and inconsistent with available technology.

There are a couple of simple, unambiguous tests
(with Yes or No answers) which, together, determine
the difference between Single-Op and everything
else, and are independent of present and future
technologies.

   Did you use a multi-channel CW decoder to find
   or facilitate contest QSOs?

   Did you use any non-amateur-radio communications
   mode or communications technology, not contained
   entirely within the permitted station boundary,
   to find or facilitate contest QSOs?

The first test applies only to CW events, although
similar tests may be required soon for both data
and SSB.

To anyone who is not happy with these tests, please
suggest better ones.

73,
Paul EI5DI