[CQ-Contest] Important Update from the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation (WWROF)

John Dorr k1ar at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 09:35:43 PST 2010

All,

I'm resending this as the formatting was poor in the original message. Sorry
for the confusion.

73 John, K1AR

*News Update from the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation
*
The World Wide Radio Operators Foundation, Inc. (WWROF) would like to share
several important updates with the contest community.

First, the WWROF has added two new directors to the organization’s
leadership. They are John Sluymer, VE3EJ, and Tine Brajnik, S50A. John and
Tine are both well-known in the international contest community for their
operating skill and leadership talents. They join current directors Doug
Grant, K1DG; John Dorr, K1AR; Bob Cox, K3EST; Tim Duffy, K3LR; Mark
Beckwith, N5OT; Ralph “Gator” Bowen, N5RZ; and Tom Lee, K8AZ.

Second, officer elections for 2011 were recently held. K1AR was elected
Chair, K3LR Vice-chair, N5RZ Treasurer, and K8AZ Secretary. K1DG declined to
run for a second term as Chair, due to his responsibilities as President of
WRTC2014, Inc.

Finally, the WWROF has received a determination letter from the U.S.
Internal Revenue Service granting 501(c)(3) status as a tax-exempt public
charity. This means that contributions to WWROF by U.S. taxpayers are
deductible to the extent allowed by law.

In the past year, WWROF has provided financial and “behind-the-scenes”
technical support for several programs of interest to active operators,
including several award programs and log-checking services for the IARU HF
Championship HQ station competition.

But, this is only the beginning. Next year, WWROF will be seeking to
implement several high-impact, high-return programs that will benefit the
contest community at large. Our goal is to be innovative and execute on
ideas that have been discussed for years but have never been implemented.
However, we’ll need your financial support to get things done. The WWROF
strongly encourages interested parties to take advantage of our new
charitable status and consider an end-of-the-year 2010 tax-deductible
contribution. And, of course, your ideas and input are welcome as well.

As always, we thank everyone for your encouragement and financial support to
date. Thanks to you, WWROF is off to a great start and we look forward to an
exciting year of growth in 2011.

More details on the organization can be found at www.wwrof.org