[CQ-Contest] Important Update from the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation (WWROF)

John Dorr k1ar at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 09:54:55 PST 2010

Ron,

Great question. I'd encourage you to visit www.wwrof.org to more fully
answer your question, but here's a brief summary:

Mission:
  Dedicated to improving the skills of amateur radio operators around the
world, utilizing education, competition, advancement of technology and
scientific research, promoting international friendship and goodwill, and
preparing them to better serve society in times of communication need.

Potential Projects (contingent on funding):

   - Support for, and enhancements to log-submission/processing
   infrastructure
   - Development of wideband recording systems
   - Contest Awards Management (current and expanded program opportunities)
   - Training programs
      - Support of Contest University & Webinars
   - Equipment donation program
      - Young contesters
      - Developing-country contesters
   - Repository of contest reference materials
      - Records and results
   - Creation of a Contester Code of Ethics (CCE)
   - Support for events such as WRTC
   - Enhanced support for ConTest University (e.g., youth scholarships,
   other expenses)
   - Others as suggested and supported by the contest community at large

In the end, the contest community will define our activities based on their
financial contributions, good ideas, and hands-on administrative support for
future programs. We welcome everyone's input and encourage all of you to get
involved!

73 John, K1AR