[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW + Skimmer

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Fri Dec 24 05:48:57 PST 2010

I'm with N2IC, K4KO, W5OV, K6LL, N6TR and no doubt others.  Local
skimmer has no place in the single-operator category.  The newly
rewritten rule places single ops in competition with single ops assisted
by machine generated spots.  Note the word assisted.  Other contests
have a separate category for that...

Hopefully the rules will be returned to "as-was" before the contest.
This is one of my favorite contests - and I'm stuck at the moment trying
to decide whether to add a skimmer to stay competitive or just accept
the fact I can no longer make it into the bottom of the top ten due to
skimmer assisted single ops.  (That was tongue-in-cheek, I'm not adding
skimmer and entering any contest as a single-op).

Best 73 and Happy Holidaze,
Hal N4GG