[CQ-Contest] CW Sprint/FOC/RTTY

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:11:30 PST 2010

Though this is a little late (sorry about that...digest mode you know) I
think the idea was to avoid the much more popular WPX RTTY Contest scheduled
for next weekend. The conflict with the XE RTTY Contest would be probably
doubled next weekend with a true worldwide RTTY contest, particularly on 40m
where the JA window for RTTY is about 7020-7030, a popular segment for the
CW sprint as well.

I'm right with you on the absurd number of everybody works everybody RTTY
contests. The phenomenon is not new, but the incredible growth of RTTY as a
contest mode has made the band plans, particularly on 40m, too a little
obsolete.

73,
Chris WF3C