[CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

Wayne Mills n7ng at bresnan.net
Fri Feb 12 09:43:13 PST 2010

For those who read that the logs for the Rookie Contest must be submitted
within 48 hours, you are not crazy. It was shown in the rules yesterday as
48 hours. At some point, it was changed to 10 minutes, and by this morning
the rules reflected the change.

Ten minutes is still good (IMO), but it's not "real time." So, as Ward
pointed out, you don't need to be on-line for the whole 'test. Just submit
at the end of the contest. Many of us are doing that now. So what's new?

Moving on, I am for a realistic, gradual shift to real-time submission AND
adjudication, with the results available as the winner crosses the finish
line.

One big-time contester told me one time that by the time the results are
published, he sometimes can't even remember the contest he finds he has won!
That's just a combination of old technology and getting old...

73, Wayne, N7NG
Jackson Hole