[CQ-Contest] 2009 IARU HF Championships - Error In Scoring

Kutzko, Sean, KX9X kx9x at arrl.org
Mon Feb 15 08:39:46 PST 2010

After publishing the results for the 2009 IARU HF World Championships in the March 2010 QST, it was brought to our attention that the log-checking software that evaluates unique call signs was mis-configured. As a result, QSOs with many calls that were genuine uniques - and therefore good QSOs - were judged to be busted QSOs. Correcting this error required re-scoring the contest logs.

The biggest change resulting from the re-scoring is that DAØHQ is the correct winner of the HQ category. While no other overall winners were changed in the major results tables, there were some shifts in the order of finish in the Top Ten, Division and

Continental Leaders.

Updated results may be viewed at: http://aptos.arrl.org/contests

The ARRL deeply regrets this error.

The log-checking software has been re-configured and tested, and we are confident this matter has been resolved for IARU 2010.

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington, CT  06111 USA
(860) 594-0232
email: kx9x at arrl.org