[CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?

k3bu at optimum.net k3bu at optimum.net
Tue Jan 5 07:00:33 PST 2010

I think Rick hit the nail on the head.
SSB mode contests are cacophony of QRM, splatter, wide signals.
While CW contests with available options of filtering, narrow band, weak signal detection, no need to yell and argue with QRU nets, offer more sane environment.
Add to it "improvement" in old age hearing, acquired CW proficiency  with age and more gentlemanly behaviour with less lids and space cadetts - no brainer why we old farts love CW over SSB mess.

My New Year's wish?
Classify local, in your shack skimmer as another gadget (not in assisted category) and ban ANY remote assistance from remote receivers, skimmers by OTHERs.

73 and Happy New 2010 to all!

Yuri K3BU.us
www.MVmanor.com