[CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 03:33:23 PST 2010

Something similar for the IOTA contest. It is often quite clear which of the
two is correct where there is a mismatch of band and/or mode. Usually it
will be obvious that one station is running while the other is in S&P mode.
The running station is almost certainly correct. The other way to tell is
when one station is mismatched in several different logs - clearly he has a
problem with logging the correct info.

Once this is done there are usually very few instances left which cannot be
resolved. Probably 20 in 500k QSOs. I allow them, on the basis of "innocent
until proven guilty". Frankly, with so few, it isn't going to materially
affect the results either way.

Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager