[CQ-Contest] Deep Vein Thrombosis from extended sitting

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 07:39:59 PDT 2010

"She had no health problems or family history of thrombosis, and only one
known risk factor, birth-control pills."

To our detriment, most of the Contest community is not subject to that known
risk factor.  Remember the "how can we attract more females to Contesting"
thread here a few years ago?  With all respect -- and appreciation -- to
N2MM and the few other YLs active in the 'Tests, we did not make much
progress.

Nonetheless, appreciation to K6LL for showing the article.  This health
concern has been discussed here before, but merits continued attention.  (As
I recall, the causality is more certain than the cancer risks from cell
phones.)  Note also that the 40-year-old patient is younger than most of
us.  Does the risk increase with age?

73, Art K3KU