[CQ-Contest] Spots and Success in the WRTC - a little data for discussion

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Jul 19 07:46:54 PDT 2010

One likely explanation, which Steve and a couple of others have posited,
is that Skimmer doesn't "like" significant change in speed between CQ,
TEST or QRZ and the callsign - my guess is that it thinks the faster or
slower characters are coming from someone else, who just happened to get
on frequency within 50 Hz.  Perhaps unless/until Alex finds a way to
improve that, it will be an incentive for people not to indulge in this
ridiculous practice of speed shifting within a CQ, or, indeed, anywhere
in a contest QSO

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com