[CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarianopinion

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:04:02 PDT 2010

Yes, Paul, I consider Morse code to be one of several "non-voice" methods of
exchanging information over radio circuits. The term "data mode" is somewhat
ambiguous, so I wouldn't call it that.  It could (IN MY OPINION) be
described as a coding scheme used to convert alphanumeric information into a
digital representation which can be decoded at the distant end of the
circuit by manual or automated means.

But I wouldn't trivialize it with your loaded phrase "just another".   It's
far too much fun for that.

In my opinion.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--