[CQ-Contest] IARU log checking report

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sat Jun 5 07:18:53 PDT 2010

On 6/5/2010 9:00 AM, George Fremin III wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 04:10:57PM -0000, Radio K0HB wrote:
>
>> If a station sends the wrong zone (and his log or many other logs shows that
>> he consistently does that) you should be rewarded by correctly logging what
>> he sent, not what he should have sent.
>>
> If (based on evidence from other logs submitted) it can be shown
> that a station consistently does not seem to be sending the correct
> information I agree that no one should be counted off for those errors.
But what about the people that log it thinking what it should be, and
then other logging it what was actually sent.?

I have this problem in the IARU HF test. probably 10% of my contacts are
arguments with people saying I'm telling them I'm in the wrong zone.  I
AM in zone 7 and yes a 9 lander in Wisconsin. there is this small slice
of Wisconsin 9 Land that is in zone 7,  but I have so many people say
i'm in Zone 8.  hello?  who knows better  You or Me what zone I'm in.

Copy whats sent and nothing else.

Joe WB9SBD  Zone 7