[CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????

vk4ti at yahoo.com vk4ti at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 14:51:40 PDT 2010

>From a VK perspective we have two interpretations as to whether we can or can not compete in this category due to the multiple sites...whilst we competed in HQ a few years back recent efforts were thwarted by the authorities..
I feel the only way forward with the category if it is to be externally managed is ZERO points from ones own country (perhaps multiplier credit only) and a reduction to a "normal" Multi Multi definition - NB there is no MM category in the IARU....
As both modes are allowed then maybe a maximum of 12 stations within a 1KM radius....
But it really does look like the ARRL wants nothing to do with the category and as such someone will need to drive the category..
If needed I am willing to organise a team to adjudicate on the HQ category from VK -as refer previous we are not allowed to enter HQ categories from Australia
Regards
Trent VK4TI