[CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions

marcelo at alternex.com.br marcelo at alternex.com.br
Thu Jun 10 21:32:04 PDT 2010

My 2 cents,
It's the IARU contest (not CQ, ARRL, DARC, etc), therefore  the existence of HQ
category is meaningful and important.
If HQ participation has degenerated in the past years, it's time to fix it,
not to dismiss it. It's fun to chase theHQ stations. Maybe Doug' s solution (zero
points for same country - or zone) is the way to go.
Marcelo, PY1KN

. > > I've participated in three ARRL HQ (W1AW/x) operations. I'd
REALLY hate to see the > "distributed multi-multi" feature of this
contest go away. I > don't remember how our operations placed.. I know we
didn't win.. but the fact is, it > was just plain **FUN**. Hopefully that's why
most of us are > contesting. > > (I rather like the way the
ARRL HQ operation "floats" around the country, giving the >
contesters of different regions the opportunity to experience > this operation.
Admittedly, that's probably not practical for most IARU Societies.) > > If same-country "cheerleaders" are an issue, maybe the best answer is
to simply provide > that QSOs between HQ stations and other stations in the
same > country don't count? > > -- > > Doug
Smith W9WI > Pleasant View, TN EM66 >
_______________________________________________ > CQ-Contest mailing list > CQ-Contest at contesting.com >