[CQ-Contest] LotW after ARRL DX

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 23:23:35 PDT 2010

LoTW uses a 30 minute window for matching. If the QSO times have a
difference of greater than 30 minutes, the QSOs won't match. It's easy for
this to happen if you logged local time instead of universal time. If you
made a mistake, you can correct the times and re-upload the log records.

>From the LoTW FAQ:

What constitutes a QSO "match?"

To match, the two QSO records (yours and the other station's) must have:

Call of each QSO matches own call of the other (including portable
identifiers)
The modes are in the same mode group (e.g., SSB and PHONE match because both
are PHONE)
The date/time values are the same within 30 minutes (all times are UTC)
In addition, if the QSO is a satellite QSO (indicated by the propagation
mode):

Both QSOs must be satellite mode
Satellite name must be the same
and if the QSO is a nonsatellite QSO:
Each QSO's band and RX band must match the values of the other QSO
or

Each QSO's band and RX band values must match the opposite values of the
other QSO (that is, the band of one must match the RX band of the other and
the RX band must match the other's band).
(Note: When RX band is not supplied in the QSO record it is set to the band
value.)

Each QSO can match one and only one other QSO. If there are multiple QSOs
that could potentially match, one will be selected as the matching QSO.
(There might be more than one potential matching QSO if, for example, you
worked the same station twice in a 30-minute time window using the same band
and mode.)

Each supported award program may impose additional requirements on the
matched QSO records in order to consider the "QSL" eligible for award
credit.

73, Dick WC1M