[CQ-Contest] Are contesters born or made?

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Mon May 10 05:26:36 PDT 2010

I just finished listening to a fascinating interview with Matthew Syed,
author of the book Bounce.  The book explores the idea that practice is far
more important than talent at achieving in the upper levels of sport.

Link to show: http://www.onlyagame.org/2010/04/bounce/
Follow the Download the Podcast link to get the interview in various forms.

We don't talk about practice much in relation to contesting, but I believe
it does make a difference.  I owe much of my success to having spent hours
and hours during my teenage years working traffic nets, chasing DX, and
competing in contests with a very small station.

Very thought provoking interview.  Check it out.

Randy, K5ZD