[CQ-Contest] Packing electronics for TSA inspection

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue May 25 12:40:08 PDT 2010

I have not done a lot of traveling lately that involves the transport of a large
number of contest boxes and accessories in checked baggage. However, now I find
myself preparing for WRTC-2010 in Moscow. I have about 15 components -  bandpass
filters, band controllers, antenna switches, audio switches, paddles, keyers,
etc. that need to go into a Pelican-like case. Most of these items are not in
their original boxes, and others are homebrew. What's the best way to pack this
stuff so that TSA can inspect and repack it (without me being present), and so
that it arrives in Moscow undamaged ?

73,
Steve, N2IC