[CQ-Contest] Line noise GONE!

Mike nf4l at nf4l.com
Thu May 27 17:57:26 PDT 2010

Today my utility company sent a crew out in response to a request I had
made of them to see if they could solve a horrible noise problem I had.
It was never less than an S9, and most of the time was 10-20 over. A
couple of us had walked around with one of those MFJ line noise
receivers and a 3 element beam, and had found what we thought was the
pole in question.

The lineman called me and told me he thought he had found the noise
source, although not on the pole I thought it was on. He said there was
a bad lightning arrestor, and it was VERY loud on his gear, and was
radiating for more than a mile.

I turned on the rig, and....... S1 and below!!

There are some good guys out there.

Just had to tell SOMEbody.

73,
Mike NF4L