[CQ-Contest] Power Line & Switching station noise?

Paul Mackanos - K2DB k2db at k2db.com
Tue Nov 2 06:27:21 PDT 2010

What do you guys think? Please reply to Ben & Sarah at:

benjaminarthurt at yahoo.com
<http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/options/rdxa/benjaminarthurt--at--yahoo.com>

Subject: [RDXA] Power Line & Switching station noise?

Sarah and I are looking at houses, near Syracuse.

The house at the top of our list right now has a power grid switching
station (see link below). With several sets of high tension lines and this
switching station all about 1 mile away, do you think we will experience any
issues with noise? The property is sitting on about 3 Acres half of which is
fairly heavily forested. It seems like a decent choice for us for both a
home and a Ham Radio property.

http://ak2x.bentownsend.com/index.php/Houses

Would love to get anyone's feedback as far as noise from the power lines
goes.

Thanks,

Ben - AK2X