[CQ-Contest] SS CW question

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Tue Nov 9 01:57:43 PST 2010

* On 2010 08 Nov 20:37 -0600, Zack Widup wrote:
> The rules don't specify for the check the year you were first licensed as a
> WHAT. I suppose I could legally use the year I was first licensed as a
> Novice, as a General, as an Extra, or maybe even the year I was first
> licensed as W9SZ. They are all different.

As I read the rule:

4.4.1. The last 2 digits of the year of first license for either the
operator or the station.

it seems rather clear to me that if I am operating my own station then
it is the year I was first licensed and that is what I've used each time
I've operated solo or used my call in a multi effort.

If I were operating the club station, that could get a bit more sticky,
do I choose the year our club first obtained a club license (somewhat
recently) or the year the SK's call we now hold was first licensed (mid
1920's)?  I know which I would choose.

> But I've been sticking with the same year for a long time. It's engrained
> into me so I just automatically send it now.

I think it's most important that it not change throughout the period of
SS.

73, de Nate >>