[CQ-Contest] Would You Still Contest?

KU7Y ku7y.cw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:36:32 PST 2010

You bet!

All I have to do now is get something up for an antenna!

QRP vs. QRO skills...... I don't think there is any real difference.  Each
one has it's own challenges and each op needs to have the appropriate
skills.  But both ops need about the same amount of skills.

I've been playing with QRP since way back when!  1952 was the year and the
first rig was a 6ag7 xtal Osc to the antenna and the Rx was an old Firestone
SW BC radio!  :-)

One thing I see that I feel holds down a lot of QRP scores is that so many
people who enjoy QRP seem to feel that slow CW and low power go hand in
hand!  If they would just make the effort needed to get up to speed they
would have more fun and bigger scores!

Now that we spend the summers in ID and winters in AZ it's always fun to get
all the "AZ?" or "ID?" requests!  And don't forget that most of my
contesting was done from NV!  SCP can keep you on your toes!

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Brenda, AZ (Winter)