[CQ-Contest] Would You Still Contest?

al_lorona at agilent.com al_lorona at agilent.com
Wed Nov 10 10:01:23 PST 2010

Thank you for all of the responses to this frivolous question.

I'll make a (quite possibly naïve) observation: If the competition is what's important to all of us, and if the power level and station aren't what's important, I wonder why more stations don't voluntarily go Q in the SS once in a while, just to see what they can do? Certainly, a very few do, but the vast majority is interested in bigger and louder. There's a place and a need for bigger and louder, of course. But I believe there's a silent majority out there that would never consider Q and wouldn't be happy with much less than what they have now. Until we see big guns K5** or W2** unexpectedly show up in a different category, I won't be all that convinced.

Rhetorical only... we can kill this thread now.

Al  W6LX