[CQ-Contest] Very importan CQ SA SSB

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:50:01 PDT 2010

Hello Muniz,

I do not agree at all...

Multipliers in the 52 years old Scandinavian Activity Contest are
Scandinavian call areas, while this new Brazilian invention is using DXCC
countries as multipliers.

Before launching the CQ SSB CONTEST SA, it would have been good to check
WA7BNM and SM3CER Contest Calendars, so see if the weekend October 9-10 was
available as a potential weekend for your brandnew contest.

I am not against the new South American Contest, but to start a completely
new contest requires a little bit of survey to see what other contests are
taking place the same weekend.

It is not enough to just create a home page, copy and paste rules from any
other "World Wide Contest", make some marketing and think there will be no
confusion.

It is not at all ideal that a brand new SSB contest is appearing on the same
weekend as SAC SSB (52 years history).

CQ WW RTTY made the same mistake as CQ SSB CONTEST SA when that contest all
of a sudden appeard on a weekend when SAC SSB always had been on for
decades. However, this is a little different, because we are talking about a
tuly different mode.

SAC SSB realized that the popularity of the CQ WW RTTY Contest was
increasing year by year. We therefore realized that we needed to move to a
seemingly free SSB contest weekend.

Now, 8 days ago, I for the first time receive your invitation to take part
in your new contest. Thank you very much - but timing is not very
professionally planned. This applies to both the weekend you chooose without
looking into the two recognized contest calendars (WA7BNM and SM3CER), as
your very late marketing of the contest.

I do not think this is professional from the Brazilian side!

SM6LRR, Mats