[CQ-Contest] NCCC SPRINT - ONE HOUR EXTRAVAGANZA, Thurs., Oct. 21, DUPES OK

Ken Keeler kenkeeler at jazznut.com
Tue Oct 19 21:55:19 PDT 2010

The DUPES OK concept still is popular in-between Ladders,
and this week something brand new, thanks to ideas from K7SS and N6WM.
Thursday, Oct. 21, local time, Oct. 22, UTC, 0200-0300Z, for ONE HOUR.

We will combine the SNS and NS into one event, going one hour, dupes
OK, one continuous log/scoring.
Speed limit in the first 30 minutes - 24 wpm max, then crank it up.

Benefits:
More overall participation by the regulars, and new folks practicing
the sprint concept in the weekly Slow NS.
May get some 20m propagation in the first half hour, as opposed to
little in the second half.
No need to reset loggers, like you do if in both regular sessions on Thursdays.
Will allow more time for 160m - warm up for the Stew Perry on Saturday.
ENJOY  the 'longest 30 minutes' in contesting!!!

NS will be on  20/40/80/160m   (+38 to +45), 1814-18 on 160.
NCCC SPRINT RULES modified to:   DUPES OK, with one intervening QSO
on same band;
100 WATTS max.,  dupes count on each band.
The  schedule of Thursday (sometimes Friday also) events is  posted
on the NEXT NS page at:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html

General rules and further info at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/

NS is always an opportunity to pursue the NCCC 40th Anniversary
award, as several members are active on Thursdays.

-- Report scores, discuss any contesting issue, near 3610/3615 LSB
after the practice,  at 0300Z (8 PM PDT) on
the weekly NCCC contest net), and send your score directly to the
3830 reflector.
Thanks to WA7BNM and N7WA for their posting service.

I suspect we'll continue with DUPES OK for a few more weeks.  May
drop 20m soon.

N6RO