[CQ-Contest] Blind Mode for N1MM Bandmap

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Wed Oct 27 06:04:29 PDT 2010

On 27/10/2010 13:27, Pete Smith wrote:
> I get the feeling that Paul's real objective here is to preclude remote
> operation.

Here is what I said in the context of an attempt to
define a boundary between SO and SO-Assisted that
would be both easily understood and unambiguous.

   "... with my proposals anything is OK (any
   technology whatsoever) within the own property/ 500 metre
   limit so long as the only thing crossing the boundary of
   the property is amateur band RF (corresponding to the
   band(s) and mode(s) of entry).

I went on to say

   "... Of course, this
   property boundary concept immediately puts remote
   operation into the assisted, if not extreme, class,
   because there is more than amateur-band RF crossing
   the boundary.

This definition, or distinction between unassisted and
assisted, precludes remote operation from unassisted
classes, which is not quite the same as precluding remote
operation.

73,
Paul EI5DI