[CQ-Contest] Announcement: 2011 U.S. Counties Qso Party

ka3qlf at comcast.net ka3qlf at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 14:23:47 PDT 2011

Just a reminder, the 2011 U.S. Counties Qso Party, sponsored by MARAC has undergone a rules overhaul and change, as well as a date change. It has been held the first weekend of May for the past few years, with the CW and SSB contests being seperate. The date is now changed to the last weekend in July <In concurrence with the IOTA contest>, the CW and SSB contests have been combined, with new categories to match.  Also for the mobile contest ops reading this, there is a unique category in the U.S. Counties Qso Party, the Mixed category. While you may immediately think the mixed category is for operation of both CW and SSB modes, it is actually designed for those who wish to operate from both their home QTH, as well as from a mobile setup. The same callsign must be used, and you cannot count a mobile operation from your fixed location county towards the mobile requirements. As in all other categories, there is a CW, SSB, and mixed mode class within this category. More information can be found at www.marac.org/contests.htm .

I am still looking for an author from Writelog, and any other software authors,  to work to change the module for this contest. I have sent a few emails to the address listed on writelogs website,  and have not yet received any response. K3CT is currently working on the module for N1MM. I am happy to answer any questions you may have concerning this contest, please do not hesitate to contact me.  thank you and best 73--Scott, KA3QLF, MARAC contest coordinator