[CQ-Contest] RES: RES: Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQContest (petition for change).

C. 'Fred' Johnson fredwt2p at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 13:19:50 PDT 2011

What's going to be next for radio contesting (a vision I see):

-Submit 3 DNA samples
-Hire a lawyer to certify your results/logs
-In order to "keep it pure" you will be penalized for not being within
50 miles of another club member (NYC/Chicago hams will be ok, unless
someone deems you/your other club member's QTH spacing to be "an unfair
advantage")
-24 Hour Surveillance/webcam/audio of your contesting effort. If your
station is in an area where there's no meaningful broadband access, then
too bad.

I prefer to keep the lawyers and the peeping eye technology at work. Not
in a "hobby". Take a deep breath and think logically.
Logical/rational/spirited (yet civil) debate is lacking in all aspects
these days. Apparently even in ham radio.

73, wt2p