[CQ-Contest] Big jump in qrz.com lookups after 10m contest

Radio K0HB kzerohb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:11:38 PST 2011

It is neither wrong nor impractical.

I'm one of those who contribute to the "after-contest bump" in QRZ lookups.

After each contest I merge my contest log (WriteLog generated) into my
overall station log (Logger32).  Since the contest log contains very sparse
detail (just the contest exchange), part of the automated merge process is a
bridge program which does a "QRZ lookup" to populate my general purpose log
with things like name, QTH, grid, etc.

None of this information finds its' way into my contest log, since any log I
submit has already been acknowledged by the robot before I begin the
after-contest-station-record-housekeeping.  (I have the UBNs to prove it!!!)

73, de Hans, K0HB