[CQ-Contest] Just one weekend

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sun Feb 27 16:48:46 PST 2011

Somebody should keep the RBN system going, even if not publicly so,
just to document what a dead weekend on the bands that will be.

I'm not sure I see the point, though.  You're basically focusing on
those things that make a potential contact easier to find and ignoring
all those things that make a contact easier to accomplish.  Both reduce
the need for some aspect of operator competency and I can visualize
valid criticisms of either.  I could, for example, rather easily rag
chew on CW without knowing a lick of code and never even hearing the tones.

This is a good example of the problem I have with people trying to
define amateur radio in terms of their own biases.  The hobby is bigger
than all of you, or at least it would be if you let it.

73,
Dave   AB7E

p.s.  I rarely use spotting clusters, don't have a private skimmer, and
have only used the RBN system for signal comparisons.  I reserve the
right to change that at any time ... and on any weekend.