[CQ-Contest] el cheapo so2r switch

Barry Gross n1eu.barry at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:57:57 PST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Dave Hachadorian <k6ll at arrl.net> wrote:
> Here's a good source of high quality el cheapo cables, connectors
> and adapters:
> www.monoprice.com

I have to question the quality of monoprice.com cables and whether
they're suitable for use in the shack.  I cut open one of their #619
RCA cables, supposedly made of RG59U and I found a shockingly sparse
braid (5-10%?).

If someone has checked any of their other cables (e.g. #2864) and
found something more satisfying, please holler.  If someone has found
an alternate source to monoprice.com with known good, inexpensive
cables, please respond as well.

73, Barry N1EU