[CQ-Contest] No ID Equals a NIL

w2lc at twcny.rr.com w2lc at twcny.rr.com
Mon Nov 7 19:14:58 PST 2011

Add this to the station that does not ID, how about the station not acknowledging the QSO? I was operating SS CW QRP and a midwest station never responded after I sent my information. When you are QRP you never know if you have been heard or not, so the acknowledgement is important.

A minute or so later he came back on frequency. So I called again and was presented with "qso b4", so I deleted the contact.  I just checked and it turns out that the QSO I deleted was my only QSO with that station. So there is an SMC member out there getting a "nil".

I figure the station was SO2R and didn't want to "waste" time acknowledging the QSO. So I hope I wasn't the persons only NNY.

I have no problem with deleting a QSO when the other station does not ID, you know, work them first worry later. No ID in a Q or 2 and I usually delete them. Although I do listen on the second radio sometimes for the ID.

SS Rule 4.0 Exchange
SS Rule 4.3 Callsign (is part of the exchange)

Therefore

Rule 4.0 for SS says the callsign is part of the exchange, so no callsign in the exchange, the station should be DQ'ed.

--
73 Scott W2LC