[CQ-Contest] CQWW impt notice: optional modification to cabrillo format

w5ov at w5ov.com w5ov at w5ov.com
Wed Nov 9 11:08:09 PST 2011

The rest of the story is very simple (aside from my m/s CQing feaux pas)
the issue is what if one of these m/s guys makes a QSO with a non-mult by
mistake.

Let's say it was V26O's multiplier station made a QSO with W0MU thinking
W0MU was a mult. He later finds out that he already worked another W0 so
W0MU is not a mult for him.

Since this non-mult QSO is not allowed, what does V26O do? Delete it from
his Cabrillo file and cause W0MU to get an NIL (Not in Log) which in turn
would cause W0MU to lose the value of the QSO and 3x penalty and perhaps
the V2 multiplier?

It is this specific situation that this rule is intended to correct. This
allows the multi-single to leave these qsos in his log, allows W0MU to get
credit for the qso he made, and yet gives the multi-single zero points for
that qso.

Sounds like a win-win to me. Sure, the multi-single shouldn't have made
the mistake in the first place, but it happens.

W5OV