[CQ-Contest] unIDs

Barry w2up at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 04:45:20 PST 2011

Solutions:

1. Tune by without working the non-IDer.

2.  Ask for his call BEFORE you give your exchange.  For example:
TUer: TU
You:  K4ZW
TUer:  K4ZW ENNN
You: CALL?
etc.

I've had the occasional TUer say TU at that point and go on.  If he
logged you, he just lost 3 QSOs.

Barry W2UP

On 11/27/2011 8:56 PM, Ken Claerbout wrote:
> On a number of occasions I got impatient so I worked the station and asked for their call at the end of my exchange. More often than not I just got another "TU." Several times I gave up and didn't log the station. Or, a station would finally give his call only to be covered up by all of the people calling.
>

> Ken K4ZW

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Lakewood, CO