[CQ-Contest] UP Official Notification

W6SX Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Mon Nov 28 10:31:49 PST 2011

This email constitutes Official Notification that if I hear you
sending UP in a contest, I will tune right by you.

I consider UP in a contest to be bad form. I think it is unfair and
inconsiderate for someone to take up extra kilohertz of precious
contest spectrum. There are lots of pileup mitigation techniques that
everyone else uses. The good guys were running at much higher rates
than the guys I heard sending UP.

One mitigation technique that works every time is to QSY. A Northwest
Territory station used QSY to good effect in CW Sweepstakes.

The first rule of contesting is to have fun (but not at the expense
of other competitors).

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light