[CQ-Contest] The Calling Disease...

Chris Pedder chris at g3vbl.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 17:42:30 PST 2011

I see that the European (mostly Southern) disease has now spread
worldwide. Unfortunately a generation of ops has grown up with this as the
'norm' but the practice needs to be stamped upon and, as such, it's up to
the DX station to enforce orderly conduct. 'QRZ QQ' and then coming back to
any Tom, Dick or Harry is just plain stupid and encourages this sort of
behaviour.

Although I haven't operated as 8P9EM for ten years now, the logs are
'annotated' as a DL station recently found when he demanded (literally) a
QSL from me. I explained why he would never get one and, while he was not
very pleased, perhaps he might think twice in future. He did tell me that
he had 'blacklisted' me.  :-)

Chris (/HS)