[CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was: =>RE:Chea

Bob Naumann W5OV at W5OV.COM
Sat Oct 1 14:50:59 PDT 2011

I'm not sure what is causing all of this, but none of what W0MU or W8JI are
complaining about was in any of what I said originally.

I made no comment whatsoever about notes or using them to fix things - which
by the way, I have no problem with and to me, they are part of prudent
operating.

So, you guys can all relax. Go work some Pacific DXpeditions instead. T32C
and 3D2R are very active.

73,

Bob W5OV

-----Original Message-----
From: cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Tom W8JI
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 5:45 PM
To: Bill Coleman; Mike Fatchett W0MU
Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED -- was:
=>RE:Chea

I think the goal should be to enjoy making things as difficult and
complicated as we possibly can, and making sure the fewest number of people
possible have a good time or any fun.

Why should anyone be allowed to make a note when they make an entry mistake,

or operate if anything is messing up that would require notes? What we
should do is have logging programs that are uneditable, and require a key or

password  from someone in authority to change, or the whole entry is tossed.

That stops the whole problem.