[CQ-Contest] Enc: Re: How blatant can you get?

py5eg at iesa.com.br py5eg at iesa.com.br
Sat Oct 15 10:15:49 PDT 2011

------Mensagem original------
Para: py5eg at iesa.com.br
Cc: e73m at e73m.com
Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
Assunto: Res: Re: [CQ-Contest] How blatant can you get?
Enviada: 14 Out, 2011 09:07

Hi Randy and all

I'm reading the mail on power cheating and would like put some cents on the subject:
- It is very difficult to prove that some station is operating over the limits and how much of excess of power
- In several areas to be controled the the tecnology has developed devices to register the measurement of those values - i.e speed tachgograph - energy values etc
- It is not difficult to have an power limiter  with digital registration for a period of 48 hours, forcing the top and record players to have this registration available for the contest  organizers.
- In other side we must recognize that power cheating is one among several ways to inlarge results using not allowed pratices - SO with more than one operator - cluster support - multiple local  receiving setup - M/S and M/2 with  additional transmited signals - Multi location in Multiop category - rubber cheating - log adjustment after contest i etc
- I understand that we should fight with similar strenght against all those bad pratices