[CQ-Contest] inhale, spots, skimmer, etc: WHAT'S THE POINT?

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:44:01 PDT 2011

I'm agreeable to redefining the entire contest rules... from each contest... every time... so that there is absolutely no possible way for anyone, anywhere, to cheat.Yep... and you'll have to enter that particular contest to find out what the rules actually are.Because they will have to be so flexible as to have to be rewritten almost every time a contact is made, just to insure that no one cheats. I guess, I'd really enjoy a discussion, one on one, with the fellow that cheats solely for the purpose of bragginghis "improvement" over his last score. It seems to me the more the rules are rewritten, and changed, and fussed with, concentrated effort by many applied tokeep cheating out, the more pressing issue is being lost.  oh.. the small issue that all the rewritten and most fair, never to be cheated on rules, aren't worth crap, if you don't have any one playing the game. And a new comer watching all this go in, is going to chooseto play or not, by the environment projected. And right now... I'm not sure that dedicated contesters that haveplayed for many years, ones that have been a very necessary part of the "boxed scores" by being one of the Qs....are being encouraged to play in an arena full of cheaters. What's the projected environment? Is the discussion needed?Are we really "playing" in a field of cheaters? Or are we to the point in our worldly society morally, that we can readliy assume that everyone cheats, therefore it is correct, and I need to also? This is what we want our children to do?This is the attitude we teach our proteges? This is what we encourage new contestors to look forward to? Really? Please reread paragraph 2.!   --...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy