[CQ-Contest] Cheating - Big Amps

e73m at e73m.com e73m at e73m.com
Mon Sep 5 18:11:57 PDT 2011

Hi Kelly,

I did not convict Tonno ES5TV at all, just pointed the finger on his
example of power mongers in EU.

Your points about headroom do not hold water, I have seen first hand
AL-1500 and AL-1200s doing full power contest after contest at KC1XX
station. Big Multi multi stations in US are perfect example of how
things have to be set up, their signals are strong and clean and up to
five of them can pack the 10kHz from 14.150 MHz without problem.

Manitoba is far from Europe and I bet you do not see the all those wide
signals even on CW as we do.

Of course it is your right to own 5 or 10kW amplifier but rules says
1500W output, not 1500w per antenna.
You can own but do not use them.

73 Danny, E73M and N4EXA
  http://www.e73m.com