[CQ-Contest] K6SV (SK) - Funeral Service, Memorial Funds Info & Tribute Lunch

K6VVA - Rick cqtest99 at k6vva.com
Thu Aug 23 15:04:26 EDT 2012

In his position as Vice-President and Purchasing Manager for all the HRO
(Ham Radio Outlet) stores, George, K6SV, made many Contesting & DX'ing ham
friends not only here in the U.S.A., but around the World.  He will be
greatly missed.  73 & R.I.P., dear George.

K6SV FUNERAL SERVICE & INTERNMENT

The main funeral service for George Varvitsiotes, K6SV,
is scheduled for Tuesday, August 28, 2012, at 10:00 AM
in the morning, to be held at:

Resurrection Greek Orthodox Church
20104 Center Street
Castro Valley, CA  94546

Immediately following the funeral service, the interment
will take place at the Lone Tree Cemetery in Hayward.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the
Resurrection Greek Orthodox Church Memorial Account.

The Varvitsiotes family thanks all of you in advance
for respecting George's wishes by supporting the church
he so dearly loved and attended for many years.

A separate Memorial Fund has also been established to also
benefit the Cancer organizations who have been supportive
of George and his family for the past 8 months.

Wells Fargo Bank
George Varvitsiotes Memorial Donation Fund
Account #7965066215

==================

K6SV TRIBUTE LUNCH

This is an unofficial no host lunch for us ham types to honor George
after the funeral service and internment on Tuesday, August 28th.

Since I had no idea when things will conclude at the Lone Tree Cemetery,
I picked out a place close to the 880 Freeway with nearby access to the
San Mateo Bridge for those heading back to the (West) Bay area:

APPLEBEES (in a standalone building at the Southland Shopping Center)
24041 Southland Drive
Hayward, CA
Tel: (510) 782-1002

There is no separate meeting room, but the person I spoke with there
said tables can be moved together in a back section of the restaurant.
I was informed that Tuesday are not normally high traffic times during
the lunch period, so hopefully things will work out OK.

>From Yahoo Maps I culled a mini-map segment and the driving directions
to get from the Lone Tree Cemetery to APPLEBEES, and put them up at:

http://www.k6vva.com/george

If you would be kind enough to let me know (with your CALLSIGN):

1. If you plan to attend the funeral and internment
2. If you plan to join us at APPLEBEES afterwards

This will be very helpful info which will also be passed along to
George's XYL Dina via Robert at HRO. Please use this special address:

george at k6vva.com

Again, this is NOT an official gathering, but rather an opportunity for
us local Contesters & DX'ers to pay tribute to our friend George, K6SV,
amongst ourselves.  It should be good group therapy as well.

BTW, there is a photo of George along with his wife Dina, daughters
Stephanie & Nicole, plus some brief bio info about George at:

http://www.hamradio.com

Tnx very much, and hope to see you on Tuesday.

73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust