[CQ-Contest] Skimmer had finally arrived

Keith Thomas kdtbikes at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 03:56:28 PST 2012

I play around in contests and had a good time in the one this past weekend.  I don't use skimmer, but with my FT-2000 it is easy to zerobeat using the visual indicator.  I did hear some of the hordes that came down on some stations and usually passed them by as I did my S&P.  I am sure I zerobeat others.   Is there a recommended offset that should be used as a general rule in contests to avoid zerobeating and causing issues?

Keith KB3ILS