[CQ-Contest] CHEATERS - ala N6TJ

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Sat Jul 21 09:18:01 PDT 2012

Well, it sure is refreshing to see someone "name the names" (or calls).  Kudos to Jim.

It would be a wonderful thing if "the cheaters" would be rewarded with an on-the-air, during
the contest, boycott; nobody work them.

I don't know why this concept has not been discussed before (maybe it has, but I missed it).

Forget peer pressure or public humiliation (of which NEITHER works on die-hard cheaters).  Just
boycott their signal.  Nobody boycotting them is going to "lose" because of 1 QSO/1 mult (and
it is likely that they won't be a unique mult either), per band.

Or maybe some "civil disobedience" -go ahead and work them, then remove them from your
log after the contest.  No QSO is "only" 0 points.  A NIL means lost QSO + PENALTY.

Perhaps it's time to think out of the box for life-long cheaters; but you didn't hear it from me.

;-)

de Doug KR2Q