[CQ-Contest] WPX and LOTW

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:11:26 PDT 2012

Good point Olli... I hadn't thought about the reduced cost of the bureau. I
use them (now using GlobalQSL) but don't really expect much return rate
anytime soon. I mainly QSL to DX as a preemptive new band or mode just to
clear my conscience. I don't QSL those who state they don't want QSLs in
their QRZ QSL line.

That being said, if indeed the WPX is now on the honor system, then why
bother paying the LOTW fee? Assuming that information is correct from a

Cards are expensive... just imagine the guys who love chasing and
confirming counties... I enjoy responding to the few requests that I get
for cards, but I personally haven't even bothered paying for my 5BDXCC
plaque that I ended up earning and confirming... I'd rather buy more
contest hardware :)

73,

Tim /N6WIN

www.n6win.com