[CQ-Contest] Bad Format Logs

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Jul 27 05:27:02 PDT 2012

The CQ Committee might want to consider that there are other contests in
the world that REQUIRE that a log contain only QSOs for the category
elected or it will be reclassified according to what is actually in the
log.  I read that in one contest rules in the past few weeks.  That
contest said to put other QSOs made on other bands/modes into a separate
log and send it in as a Check Log.  I'm not sure how I could do that
easily, but Mario seems to know how.

It would be better if the Robot could be made to accept a separate Check
Log without overwriting or deleting the previously submitted log if it
was clearly marked "Check Log" in the Category section since other
contest sponsors have accustomed contesters in other countries to do
that very thing.

Sorry I can't remember what contest it was right now, but it did
surprise me since it is contrary to what we have generally been doing
and requiring in the US.

73, John, K4BAI.