[CQ-Contest] Do I need to operate assisted to figure out the calls?

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Tue Jul 31 12:10:39 PDT 2012

Surely what you describe is more of a reaction than a solution.

A solution would be to set out in the rules what is acceptable then
penalise none compliance.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:39:09 -0600
From: Steve London <n2icarrl at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do I need to operate assisted to figure out
        the calls?
To: cq-contest at contesting.com

My solution to this problem is simple. I call them. If I'm a dupe, it wastes
their time, too. Good. I work them, and ask for their call. If they give
their
call, and it's a dupe, it wastes their time, too. Good. If they still don't
send
it, I simply move on. I lose nothing, they get a much-deserved NIL. If more
of
us did this, it would affect their behavior in future contests.

73,
Steve, N2IC