[CQ-Contest] Keyboard for Contesting

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:31:14 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I would recommend a USB mini-keyboard (that's what it's listed as but it has full-size keys). I bought it over a year ago, took it to V26E and used with my 11in Aspire laptop. It's a nice small size (11in X 5 X 1 in), has a nice layout (I use the Insert key for N1MM send exchange and that's right along the bottom edge next to the Delete key - perfect!). Also it roughly a 5ft USB cord - so you can place it anywhere near your laptop that you like. For me it really took away some fatigue by being able to move the keyboard where I wanted it without worrying about the laptop or screen.
It's still on eBay for $26 (I'm not sure this is where I bought it but the model number is correct - Multimedia Keyboard W9828 )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SMALL-W9828-Multimedia-PC-USB-Mini-Keyboard-SILVER-/350232773294?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item518b8002ae

Along with this I use a Gigaware USB mini-hub to add 5 USB ports to the laptop and that works great as well (got that at Radio Shack).

73 and hope you all look for me in WPX CW as V26E in May (WARC, 80/160 before/after the contest from 23may-30may)
Darrell AB2E