[CQ-Contest] Why is he ashamed of his call???

Doug Smith dougw9wi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 12:17:26 EST 2012

Can't figure it out.

- His fist (OK, his computer's fist :) ) is good.
- His signal is strong but perfectly clean.
- He's not trying to run anyone off their run frequency.
- He seems to copy the callers just fine.

So why is he so ashamed of his call?

I just worked one Zone 33 station for the THIRD TIME on 10 meters.  Because he goes TWO TO THREE MINUTES between IDs.

Rules suggestion for the 2013 WW:
- Each S&P QSO counts 15% extra -- 1.15 points for own continent (unless NA in which case 2.30 points), 3.45 points for other continent.
   (those wishing to claim the 15% must submit a log with exact frequencies in the Cabrillo file, so the committee can identify which QSOs were S&P.)

That may more or less make up for the time S&P operators waste waiting for some of these guys to ID.

(am I serious or not?  Take your pick..)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66