[CQ-Contest] NAQP multi-2 strategy

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:49:40 EST 2012

On 11/29/2012 03:31 PM, Jimk8mr at aol.com wrote:
> But there is a significant rule difference:
>
> In NAQP you have to stay on a band for ten minutes.

> I'm not personally experienced with the optimum strategy under current NAQP
>   rules, but from perusing past results it seems that NAQP multis often do
> poorly in the number of multipliers on marginally open bands.

That is somewhat true, and a direct result of the 10 minute band change
rule. It isn't worth it to work 1 multiplier on, lets say, 10 meters,
and be stuck there for 10 minutes while you could be working 20 stations
on an active band.

In the lower sunspot years, M/2 has been strange from here. You have
worked out 15 meters by 20Z, and find yourself CQing away with 100 watts
on a not-very-open 40 meters at 2 PM local time. That doesn't attract
much attention from back east.

73,
Steve, N2IC